Time flew so fast and in the blink of an eye another season has come to pass. Makeup kingdom is not one to be left behind so in order to match the fast changing seasons, new releases are already up for grabs.
As summer rolled in, new amazing makeup products started hitting the shelves. We tested the latest launches from the most popular makeup brands to find out which products are truly worth the buzz. Read on so you won’t miss out on this season’s must haves.
Here is a list of the top makeup products that are truly attention worthy.
- Benefit Hello Happy Soft Blur Foundation. We love how this foundation feels like a second skin. It’s so weightless that you’ll forget you have foundation on.
The “optical blurring spheres” truly creates a flawless finish. The ultra-natural coverage will leave you smiling all day long. Hello happy indeed!
Price: $ 29.00
- Urban Decay All Nighter Water Proof Setting Powder. Get ready for summer by getting a makeup that has a good staying power. We love this setting powder because heat and humidity didn’t overpower it.
Its ultra-lightweight formula blends right onto the skin fast. No need to worry about makeup meltdown. Urban Decay All Nighter stays on even you sweat buckets.
Price: $ 34.00
- Clinique Beyond Perfecting Super Concealer Camouflage. Water proof, long-lasting, smooth finish, hydrating and weightless. What more could you ask for?
It really blends well into the skin and blurs out imperfections. The transfer resistant formula is just what you need to combat sweat and humidity.
- L’Oreal Paris Paradise Extatic Waterproof Mascara. No need to worry about getting raccoon eyes after getting soaked with water or sweat. Your lashes will flutter beautifully after two applications and stay that way all through the day.
We’ve run into trouble with other waterproof mascaras because they refused to budge when it was time to take them off. But with this one, a gentle makeup remover will do the trick.
- Benefit Ready, Set, Brow Gel. This 24 hour clear brow gel will keep your boy brows tamed till you take it off. We love the comb like dual side applicator that brushes your brows and spreads the gel perfectly.
Make sure to add this to your summer stash so you’ll brows will be ready for the wind, sun and water.
- Marc Jacobs Limited Edition Dew drops Coconut Gel highlighter. What we love about this highlighter is that it illuminates your face without blinding.
This lightweight gel formula has a rose-gold hue that leaves a beautiful sun kissed glow. Just what you need for summer!
It is also packed with coconut extracts and Vitamin B5 that will keep your skin hydrated and nourished.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Neo Blush. This unique palette is a combination of pearl, matte and satin finishes. The result…. A multidimensional blush that flatters any skin tone.
We recommend that you try this one out so you’d have an idea on how unique its effect is. It’s not your typical blush but we guarantee that you’d be impressed with how it adds a different kind of radiance to your face.
This is available in four shades to match your preferred cheek look.
- Bare Minerals Gen Nude Powder Blush. This will instantly give you a healthy looking flush. If you are looking for a blush to go with your no makeup look, trust us this is the one.
We were impressed with how smooth and creamy it is considering it’s a powder blush. Its new blurring mineral complex leaves the skin looking really smooth. There are 12 lovely nude shades to choose from.
Price: $ 24.00
- Urban Decay Born to Run Eyeshadow Palette. You can never go wrong with this versatile eyeshadow palette that has 21 colors to suit your mood of the day.
Whether you’re going for nude, shimmery or bright eye makeup look, you will be able to mix and match the hues to create the look you want.
- Maybelline Lasting Drama Matte Eyeliner Makeup. This waterproof eyeliner really lasts all day.
This comes in three matte shades (Jet Black, Jade Olive and Rusty Terracotta) that will bring out the natural color of your eyes. Get glammed- up for your summer nights by lining your lids with Jade Olive eyeliner. We find it really irresistible.
- MAC Plenty of Pout Plumping Lipstick & Lip gloss. Prior to launch, MAC teased that these lippies can create full Bee-stung lips and they did not disappoint.
Show off your pretty summer pout with this sheer and creamy lipstick infused with ginger root complex. For a finishing touch, swipe Pretty pout lip gloss.
Price: Lipstick $21, Lip Gloss $18.50
- NARS Full Vinyl Lip Lacquer Patent Shine High Octane Color. NARS hit another homerun with their new lipstick collection. Now that gloss is back with a vengeance, these lippies surely take shine to a new level.
There are 10 shades (6 creams and 4 shimmers) to choose from. We really love “At first sight”, “Santo Domingo”, “Red district” and “Valencia”.
Price: $ 26.00
- Clarins Water Lip Stain. We are currently obsessed with this 77% water based lip stain. We happily discovered that it stays true to its claim of being “stay-proof, smooch-proof and fade-proof”.
The sheer matte finish lippie remained vibrant all through the day. It has the scent of summer too! We won’t be surprised if you end up hauling all the four shades (Rose Water, Orange Water, Red Water and Violet Water).
Price: $ 28.00
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Jelly Sheet Mask. Make sure to include this in your beauty products kit when you hit the beach or go on a road trip so you can give your skin an instant treat when summer heat take its toll on you.
This new jelly-hydrogel sheet mask will quench your dry skin and bring back the glow. You can also use it to de-puff your face in the morning before you put on your makeup.
Price: $ 8.00
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40. Buying sunscreen can be a hit or miss. Most of the time we end up with too thick and greasy kind that it ends up on reserve and get used only when you hit beach.
Supergoop is different because it is really lightweight and you’ll feel like you’re not wearing sunscreen at all. Please protect your skin from the harmful UVA and UVB rays. Better to be safe than sorry years later.
Price: $ 32.00
- Origins Clear Improvement Honey Mask. When your skin shows signs of pollutants overload, grab a mask to lift off impurities and toxins from your face. You can confidently don the no makeup look with a post Honey mask smooth skin.
Price: $ 34.00
- Ouai Anti-Frizz Sheets. Say goodbye to unruly hair this summer with this pocket portable anti-frizz sheets. These coconut oil and shea butter infused sheets will tame your stubborn static-y strands in a jiffy.
Just swipe the sheet on your hair to make them smooth and shiny again. Oh! And did we mention it smells divine?
Price: $ 18 (15 sheets/box)
Beauty products continue to evolve and now that we’re halfway through the year, companies rolled out exciting and amazing innovations. Even the most basic beauty essential got upgraded! The list of the latest must have beauty products is so long that we managed to test only a few of them.
Make sure to keep yourself updated so you won’t miss out on new beauty products that are truly worth your while. Try out our top picks for summer to get a head start. Start saving and remember to get your hands only on amazing makeup and beauty essentials that will get you through this summer.