Men and even women will always look twice at a woman who has luscious lips: And who doesn’t like to have attention drawn to themselves! You, too, could be one of those women with the help of one of the best make-up products ever invented – namely lip liner. If you’re thinking: ‘How do I make my lips noticeable?’ then you really need to invest in one.
It’s a product to solve all your problems for those times when you feel nervous about looking your best for any special occasion. But how can it solve your problems? Easy: by making your lips look absolutely kissable! It will give you a look that you never expected to be able to achieve.
Or maybe you are in the public eye every day so need to not only look good when you leave home in the morning, but need to look good all day long. Then it really is time that you invest some of your hard-earned money in a good lip liner set.
A waterproof lip liner is just what you need if you want an extra special product or maybe you’re more interested in buying a lip liner set. But whatever it is you’re looking for you should be aware of exactly what your needs and wants are. But how do you do this? Easy: By asking yourself the following 4 questions:
- How long do I need it to last?
- How good is it for my lips?
- What color pigmentation is best for me?
- Do I want a clear lip liner?
Now you’ve answered those questions, it’s time to consider the size of the product, how it’s packaged, and last but not least: How expensive is it?
Table of Contents
Our 5 Favorite Products
When asked, most women will tell you that they simply can’t live without their lip liner pencil. Whether you’re looking for a clear liner, a special color or perhaps a black lipliner, it’s something that you won’t want to leave at home. Wherever you go, it will be in your purse waiting for you to use. We’ve put together a list of what we consider to be the 5 best lip liners on the market. Maybe it will help you to decide what you want to buy.
1. Marc Jacobs Outliner Lip Pencil
For a long lasting product that is rich in color you won’t do better than the Marc Jacobs beauty outliner long-wear lip pencil. Despite only having a choice of three colors, these colors are completely natural looking and will provide you the right effect. They blend in perfectly with every type of lipstick.
This product will provide you with a perfect outline for your lips without needing to use too much. What’s more: If you want, you can even use it instead of a lipstick as it’s high in pigmentation. Your lips will stand out more that you ever realized they could.
Do you want to look like the women in fashion magazines who have pouty lips? Again, this product will provide you with that look as it is infused with collagen. It goes on smoothly and evenly due to its creamy texture. Because of its gel base it will make your lips soft and attractive. And what’s more: They’ll look kissable.
- It makes your lips look luscious and kissable
- It won’t wear off for hours
- It will help you look completely natural
- Some people may find the color too strong
- Some people may find the color too strong
- It costs a little more than drug store options
2. L’Oreal Paris Riche Lip Liner
Do you need a good quality lip liner that you can wear throughout the day? Then you should consider the L’Oreal product as it is so soft you’ll be comfortable using it. Applying it is no problem as its texture is creamy and smooth. It even has a wonderful matte texture on your lips. You’ll need to purchase a lip sharpener for sharpening it to be sure that the color keeps going. It’s the perfect product to keep in your purse and is even durable.
One of its best features is the fact that it can also be used on its own as a lipstick. Whether you like wearing bright pink colors or deep wine colors you’ll find just the color to suit your wants. As there’s such a great variety of colors, you’ll be spoilt for choice. You’ll be able to keep it with you wherever you go as it will fit in the smallest of purses or your pocket because it’s so slim and sleek. Without doubt it’s one of the tops in long lasting lip liners. You’ll be able to depend on it at all times, which is especially beneficial when you know you won’t be able to find time to reapply your lipstick. You can purchase it almost everywhere at a price you can afford. You’ll definitely get value for money.
- It is easy to blend in and can be combined with your lipstick
- It’s durable
- Application is simple due to its texture
- Due to the plastic packaging, it is not easy to sharpen
- Your lips may feel dry as it has a matte finish
3. Jane Iredale Lip Pencil
Do you have a problem with making up your mind just what to buy when you go make-up shopping? With a choice of 11 options the Jane Iredale product is the pencil you’ve always dreamed of finding but never managed to find. As it’s made with Shea Butter, it will soften your lips thus making them look stunning. It even contains Vitamin E, which is an important ingredient to help prevent chapped lips. There’s no need to worry about suffering any irritation when you use this lip liner: So, if it’s mineral make-up you’re looking for, then this is it.
It’s not as pigmented as some of the other options, so it’s just right if you want something that is safe, light to wear and offers no fuss.
- It’s simple to apply
- Its offered in a great variety of colors
- Your lips will be moisturized
- Other options are more highly pigmented
- You’ll need to sharpen it often
4. Colourpop Lippie Pencil
You may find it hard to believe, but this pencil offers a variety of 41 colors: And that’s no lie! There’s no need to go further than the Colourpop Lippie Pencil if you want the perfect color for your lips. As it’s long lasting it’s ideal for special occasions or a special date where you really have to look your best. Or it’s even the right one for you if you feel more confident when you look good at work all day.
It’s smooth to apply as it has a soft texture. But because of its smoothness it’s not easy to sharpen. Saying that: It’s worth doing to be able to perfect your look. If it’s a pouty look you’ve been hoping for you’ll get it because it has just enough pigmentation to plump up your lips.
If you want a clear line you’ll need a sharper pencil, so this one isn’t an option for you. But if you want a product that you can carry everywhere with you and depend on it lasting throughout the day, then you should really consider purchasing this one.
- Your lips will look full
- Application is easy
- It will last all day
- There is a slight difference in the colors to how they are described
- You may have a problem sharpening it
5. e.l.f. Matte Lip Color
This may not be one of the most well known brands but the e.l.f. Matte Lip Color is an excellent pencil to have as a backup. Your lips will soon look lusciously soft due to it containing vitamins A, C and E. As it has a twist up case there’s no need for sharpening it. This will save you some time and stop you from becoming frustrated at not having a lip sharpener handy when you need it.
It’s just as durable as the more expensive products so really good value for money. Application is smooth and you don’t need to worry about its matte color smudging. It has a cap so it’s even convenient to keep in your pocket. It will provide you with a lovely soft outline that enhances your lips.
- It’s a good value product you can afford
- It’s not only lines your lips but also moisturizes them
- You can carry it everywhere with you
- It doesn’t last long when you eat or drink
- The color pigmentation is not as deep as with other options
How Should It Be Applied To Achieve Best Results
How you apply your lip liner will make all the difference to the end result. Should you be aiming for your lips to look pouty you’ll need to follow these tips on how to apply lip liner.
- Be sure your lips are clean: It’s important that you wash your lips whenever you wash your face and also when you exfoliate. Any debris or dead skin cells on your lips will only make them dry. Debris needs to be cleaned away before applying make-up.
- First use moisturizer or lip balm: If you need your make-up to last, you must be certain that your lips are hydrated enough before applying it. Not doing this will ensure that your lips will dry out and become chapped. But be aware: Don’t apply any make-up until at least 10 minutes after you’ve moisturized your lips.
- Concealer should be applied first: As it acts as a foundation for your lip liner it will help conceal the fine lines.
- Take care when you outline your lips: Once you have a base you can apply whichever color lip liner you want. Make sure to go slowly when applying it. Why? So that it will go on evenly. You can, if you want, use the lip liner as a lipstick. If you want to only use it as a liner then be certain that there is not a big difference in color to the color of your lipstick. If there is a difference you’ll find yourself with that awful ‘chola’ look. Don’t even think about contrasting your liner to your lipstick. That’s a definite no go.
When Should You Use It
This depends on what your personal preference is. Do you want to enhance your lips? If not basic gloss should be enough. But without doubt, using lip pencil will be an advantage for any occasion, special or not.
Are you planning your wedding or are you invited to a celebration as a guest?
These are situations where you’ll need to look extra good the whole day. A long-lasting product is what you’ll need to look for. For that something extra you could try matching the long lasting liner to your favorite lipstick.
Just think of that special date: You’ll want kissable lips but if the product is non-smudge you may have a serious problem.
Why Do You Need To Buy These Products?
You should never purchase a product without first giving consideration to its features. The products we’ve mentioned above should help you make a decision no matter what you are searching for. Maybe you want the best clear lip liner or perhaps you’d prefer a set of lip liners but check out their benefits first.
You don’t want to spend too much money, but it should be functional then why not go for the e.l.f. Matte product. Perhaps you’d prefer something that is durable: You’ll be guaranteed this with the Marc Jacobs Longwear Pencil. You’ll love the stunning result, but beauty has its price.
Do you love L’Oreal products? Then why not go for the L’Oreal Matte Liner. It’s durable and will blend in well with your lipstick. When there is a problem making a choice, you won’t do any better than choosing the Colourpop Pencil. As there are 41 colors to choose from you could think about buying a collection of them? For lips that not only look soft and smooth but also feel soft and smooth the Jane Ireland Pencil is a must.
There’s surely a product amongst the 5 mentioned above that will suit to your needs: A product which you can apply easily that will also enhance your looks. First you need to consider what you want, then what you need it for and what budget you are working from. Once you’ve done that it’s time to purchase what you consider to be the best lip liner for you.