It’s your face and you want to make it look as good as possible. How do you do that? While you probably look beautiful naturally, we all appreciate a little makeup for an extra pick-me-up. Yet, knowing which cosmetics are the best for you can be a challenge.
From lipstick to eyeshadow, eyebrow liners, and eyeliners, there are an array of products that you can use. Yet, it doesn’t stop there. When you look at people with seemingly flawless skin, perfect coverage, and attractive contouring, you may wonder “how?”
While everyone does their makeup differently, a face primer is highly beneficial in providing with a great look. It is effective in helping to even out your skin tone. Primer also works wonders in aiding your foundation’s coverage. It helps it to stay on for longer than normal and provides a base for it to stick to.
This type of makeup can be that magical solution to your problems with skin redness or sunspots. It works hand-in-hand with foundation for an effective result. If you have recently noticed wrinkles or fine lines, a quality primer can hide them well.
You may be wondering if this product is necessary for you. It seems like an unnecessary extra, especially when you already have foundation. It makes a difference in the texture of your face when applying makeup. For example, you may have problem areas on your cheek. While foundation covers them, the blemishes, bumps, or scars may show through.
Table of Contents
What To Look For
With so many products to choose from, how do you know which one is the best makeup face primer for you? The following questions can help you determine what may be right for you.
- Do you have deep scars that you would like to cover up?
- Is your facial skin tone uneven and you would like it to appear more even?
- Do you have sensitive skin that gets easily irritated?
- Are you looking for something that can provide you with even more coverage than just foundation?
- Is your skin oily and you want something with a mattifying effect?
- Is your skin dry and you want to avoid flaky patches that are enhanced by foundation?
- Do you want to find a way for your foundation to go on more smoothly?
- Are your pores very apparent and you want to minimize them?
- Do you have allergies to silicone or other ingredients found in coverups and primers?
It’s important to understand your skin before you purchase a primer. If you find that foundation isn’t enough to minimize redness, look for a primer with a green tone. While many primers are transparent, some are slightly colored to even your tone. Pink tones can help to make your skin look fresher and healthier. Blue tends to help eliminate a sickly-looking appearance.
Of course, the price is also important. The better products typically cost more than your average drug-store option. Yet you can still find an affordable professional primer from top brands. Take your time. Read reviews and determine your needs before purchasing.
One primer that has many people pleased with it is the Benefit POREfessional Face Primer. It offers quality coverage at a fair price and does what it’s meant to. We’ll explain more in our Benefit Porefessional review.
As with many Benefit cosmetics, this benefit POREfessional primer has attractive packaging. Its design is trendy and looks good in your makeup bag. The size of the tube-shaped product is perfect for travel. With dimensions of 4.7 x 3.9 x 6.3 inches, the tube can fit almost anywhere you may need it to. It only weighs 0.75 oz making it great to always have with you. Another thing to consider is that it is foil sealed which keeps it fresh and functional.
What Can You Expect?
While the packaging is attractive and useful, you probably want to know how the product itself works. It does a good job at providing users with a smooth base for foundation. You may notice color when first using the product but it becomes transparent as you apply it.
It also is effective in hiding scars, large pores, or fine lines. If you are looking for a bit more oomph in your cover-up routine, this Benefit cosmetics face primer may be it. It dries very quickly which helps you to finish your makeup in a hurry.
If you happen to have allergies, the product contains the list of ingredients on it. This can help you to know if it’s right for you before you buy it. It has been known to be good for those with skin issues. Although, be careful if you have allergies to salicylic acid or silicone. You may need to find one that is silicone-free, if so. A positive factor to this product is that it is oil-free so you can use it when you want to avoid that makeup “shine.”
What Are Its Benefits?
There are many advantages to using this Benefit POREfessional product. From the size to the quality, it’s the best face primer for oily skin. To help you determine if it’s the makeup you need, the following are some benefits that it offers:
- When you want that flawless look in photos, this makeup can make all the difference. Because of its ability to cover large pores, it can minimize the appearance of blemishes. If you will be taking shots under bright lights, it can help your skin color to look evener. It minimizes shine so it also helps you avoid a shiny face in photo shoots.
- Because of its soft and smooth texture, this makeup is a must for those who want an even appearance. Because it smooths out the appearance of pores, it helps to provide users with a clearer-looking complexion.
- If you are someone who suffers from that dreaded oily-skin shine, this can help. It provides a mattifying effect that helps to keep oil and sweat at bay.
- While it goes on transparently, the primer can be used on its own for a softer look. Some people like to use it as a go-to product in their makeup bag for any occasion.
- If you are one for fragranced makeup, you may appreciate the subtle lemon-like scent.
- This primer offers a soft and smooth texture that is easy to apply. It is lightweight which helps when you wear it with foundation.
- For those who want to avoid the caked-up makeup look, its natural finish that looks good with or without foundation.
- Although it does have a matte finish, the creamy texture helps for a smooth application. It also helps to hydrate your skin which is important when using makeup.
- It helps to provide more coverage for those who don’t want to show their blemishes. It aids foundation by allowing it to stick better.
- This product also helps your foundation to stay on longer which is highly beneficial for long days at work.
- You don’t need much for one use, so the product lasts for a long time. While the price may be more than what you are used to, this makeup does what it says. Many would consider the price worth it for its great pore coverage.
When it comes to primers, this one does a lot for you and your skin. From its moisturizing effects to its smooth coverage, it could be a great addition to your makeup routine.
When To Use It
This product can be used for any occasion. Because of its light texture, it doesn’t make your skin look cakey. It also doesn’t make it look like you’re wearing too much makeup. For those who are dedicated to a daily makeup routine, this can help to ensure your look stays on all day. For others who may like to keep their heavy makeup routine for special occasions, this primer can provide extra coverage.
If you have a long event coming up and you’ll be too busy for reapplying makeup, the benefit cosmetics Porefessional face primer is a good option. Because it helps foundation stay on longer, you won’t have to worry about your blemishes showing.
Primer is essentially the real-life version of a “filter.” It helps to give that extra smooth coverage that you can attain in photos, except it’s the real you. You can use it for those times when you want to have a flawless look, such as for a date or job interview. It’s especially beneficial at night when you need a little more makeup for a stunning result.
If you have noticed other women with seemingly blemish-free complexions, primer may be to “blame.” It’s that special product that is little talked about but goes a long way in your routine. If you are going to wear makeup anyway, using this product can make a difference. From special occasions to everyday use, it can be used wherever and whenever.
Tips And Tricks For Application
Before applying your makeup, you will want to make sure that your face is completely clean and dry. Make sure to wash it beforehand. Afterward, apply a touch of moisturizer. Make sure that it’s completely rubbed in and then reach for your Benefit Porefessional primer.
Next, squeeze drops of the product onto your finger and apply on your nose, forehead, chin, and a drop or two on your cheeks. Some may like to use a sponge for application, but it tends to work best to use your finger for a smooth and even application.
Before applying your foundation, make sure to wait a few minutes to ensure a smooth and successful application. While some people claim this product works well on top of makeup, its meant to be used as a base. Applying it before a foundation is how you will get the best results.
Is The Benefit Porefessional Primer For You?
When choosing makeup, it can be difficult to know if it’s the right one for you. This option may not be for everyone, but it provides great quality for most. It is especially beneficial for those who have oily to normal skin, as it has a mattifying effect. Those with dry skin may want to find a product that helps to provide them with a more moisturized appearance. If you aren’t sure about your skin texture, just be sure to use a moisturizer beforehand.
If you have been looking for a product that can help to hide your pores and keep the shine away, this is it. While it is pricier than a drug-store option, it also provides top quality use. You may also want to hide fine lines and wrinkles. This product helps to smoothen out your appearance and cover unwanted blemishes. Because it’s oil-free, it is a safe and reliable option for those who suffer from acne issues.
If you don’t like scented makeup, you may not appreciate its smell. It isn’t overpowering but could be annoying for some. It’s also important to consider whether you have allergies to silicone. Silicone is beneficial in primers as it helps provide the smooth effect. Yet, some people have allergies that can be emphasized by this product.
Otherwise, for its quality, its functionality, and smooth texture, it’s a great addition to your makeup routine. When it comes to name-brand primers, this is one of the best ones.